“Self- Care is often a very unbeautiful thing. True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life that you don’t regularly need to escape from.”
– Quote from Brianna Wiser
(Blog post for Thought Catalog)
The warmth of your morning coffee, the stillness of a meditation practice, exploring nature, journaling in the morning or evening hours, reading a really good book, cooking a delicious meal, and interesting conversations are intentional ways of engaging in self-care.
Yet, as we may have experienced, the feelings derived from these activities only last so long. Thoughts, distractions, or stress induced life demands can make it difficult to stay present with these feelings throughout the day.
If you’ve noticed outdated internal messages or habits that are blocking you and keeping you stuck in the same routine – it’s time to ground yourself and reset.
Self-care is making the choice to manifest a life that brings you a sense of fulfillment and joy.
Here are a few steps can you take to build the life you desire.
- MAKE IT REAL: Start by writing down the one thing you would like to have more in your life.
- CREATE: Mind Map, Dream board, Journal, Mind- Body Connection with Yoga or share your aspirations with someone supportive.
- VISUALIZE: Each day set time aside to imagine and feel that aspect of your life as a reality.
- INQUIRE: Ask yourself “What small, achievable step do I need take to begin the process?”
- CELEBRATE: Celebrate the victory of awareness. Stay unattached to the outcome. Be present in this moment.
Sometimes during this process thoughts of self-doubt, personal fears, or a victim mentality may surface.
Allow ~ Breathe ~ Take Rest
Self-care is a journey towards wellness, personal growth, trusting yourself, and healing.
Define what you want, check in with your needs, make it real, take a small step, give grace, stay in the moment. Your awareness will open your heart to the possibilities and actionable steps to living authentically!
Create The Life You Desire
** Revitalize Counseling has no affiliation with the web links provided. The links are for your reference only.